Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"This is what you want, this is what you get..."

That was what John Lydon was chanting at me over the CD player in the truck on the way to work this morning.
"What on earth has that got to do with model railways" I hear you think.
Well I've been asking myself what I want from this 4mm scale opus. I need to get this right as if I don't work out exactly what I want from this layout what I get could be something totally different indeed.
I think the Americans call it "givens and druthers" I hate the phrase. "Druthers." What kind of word is that? It sounds like something a three year old would say when they can't pronounce the word "duster". What's wrong with calling it a list of needs and want? Or want's and needs?
Whatever you choose to call it it's an important part of layout planning enabling you to get the most enjoyment out of it's operation when you're done.
More on my list later...

No comments:

Post a Comment