I'm sure most of you would think this an easy task. But not for me. I've been railway modelling for almost 35 years and only ever completed ONE 4mm scale layout and I had to have help with that. You see I am a serial railway modeller of a very weak will. If I see an interesting prototype be it in the flesh or photographs I want to model it. Why, in the last few months alone, I have contemplated and drawn conceptual sketches for layouts inspired by:
1. Swinden Quarry in the Yorkshire Dales.
2. Scrapyards in Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway territory. (2 different designs)
3. Trafford Park Industrial Railway.
4. A fictional light railway in North East Lincolnshire. (at least 3 different designs there)
5. Doddings Farm Watercress railway (Yes another layout based on that in addition to Purespring Watercress)
6. The Great Orme Tramway
As you can see I have a problem...
So hopefully this blog will help me to choose an idea and to keep it going and see it through to the end.