Friday, May 1, 2009

Now I never thought about that...

I've spent the last couple of hours:
a) getting in a last training run before Sundays Marathon and:
b) putting together a Parkside wagon kit - PC06A LNER 12 Ton plywood goods van.
It has probably been as much as 20 years since I last assembled one of these. But it wasn't long before it all started to come back to me.
Parkside kits are very nice and a delight to work with. This particular one is going together very easily.
BUT...
Upon reviewing the painting instructions for the kit. It says to paint the body Brown - Railmatch 235 for my chosen period. There's the but you see for as far as I know you can't buy Railmatch paints here in the good old USofA. I know that I will be weathering the paint job on the van anyway. But as a starting point I need a base colour for the body. What would be a good match for Railmatch 235?

No comments:

Post a Comment